Unimaginable

My mind keeps wandering back to God's grace. I don't know what He wants me to think about or for me to say, but I keep thinking about it. I think it is the most powerful force in the world. Whenever I concentrate on the magnitude of His grace, mercy, or sacrifice, and start to barely grasp the cusp of any of those qualities, I am overwhelmed with emotion. It truly is too much to bear and that's why God doesn't place it all on our hearts. Which leads me to our burdens that Christ bears for us, and paid for on the cross. The magnitude of the entire wrath of God, paying for all sin everywhere. Is far too much for any normal person to bear. There is no way for me to begin to describe how much all of this is. Yet Christ did it for all of us, even for people who wouldn't give Him the time of day.

I guess this is the purpose of this post. All the qualities of God, are truly unimaginable to man. His holiness, His glory, His love is more than we can even think of. It is amazing and ever deserving of praise. That is what I try to focus on during Christmas. If you are having trouble with the distractions of the holidays, slow down and focus on one simple aspect of Christ. Whether it be His sacrifice, His grace, or His love. Plead with God, ask Him to show you how it feels. When He gives you a taste you will be overcome with emotion. How can I not live for someone who loves me so much and has sacrificed for me so much? I owe it to Him and His everlasting love to serve Him.

I know none of that is scientific evidence. I know none of that is hard fact. But I know in my heart what I feel. Sure that's nothing solid to go off of. But if you don't know Jesus, why not take that chance? All I know is that life is hard, and we all have our problems. Life is definitely better with Christ, than without Him. If you don't know God, you have nothing to lose, and everything to gain. I urge you, investigate Christ's claims. See what this whole God thing is all about. It is Christmas after all. Seek Him and He will reveal himself to you. Just give it a shot, I know in my heart you won't come out for the worse.

1 comments:

Jesse Acosta said...

"Seek Him and He will reveal himself"

AMEN craig