Gifts

"To whom much is given, much is expected." -Luke 12:48

Spiderman says this in different words, "with great power, comes great responsibility."

It is all the same thing.

All of us are given gifts, things are bestowed upon us that we don't deserve.

We are born into privileged circumstances, or have certain skills and talents that come naturally.

In all cases it is our duty to use those gifts to give back to the world.

If you are wealthy, it is your duty to give monetarily to causes in need.

If you are famous, it is your duty to use your influence to do what is right.

I think that is one responsibility we all have. We all must use our influence to do what is right.

I know it is easy to say these things as a college kid with nothing to really sacrifice.

I am searching.

I am looking and learning for my gifts and how to use them.

I think that's something we should all try to attain.

We all have gifts, and though they are blessings, they come with burdens.

The burden is to use these gifts for the better of all people.

If we all used our gifts for more than ourselves, if we also used them for others, the world would be a better place.

It is a slow change, but changing the culture of the world is one person, one day, at a time.

So I encourage you to start today.

We all have special gifts.

What are yours?

How do you use them?

How can you use them for others?

I'll be exploring the same questions, and looking for the same answers as you.

It's a journey, but with a great goal in mind.

0 comments: