Passion

Many of my friends are really involved in clubs and various extra curricular activities. Most of them are great causes, they feed the hungry, and help the poor.

I always ask myself what drives these people. Sure, there is an innate sense to do good and to make a difference and the friends they have made.

At the core of the issue, I think that these clubs and activities give them a taste of passion. They ignite a spark in their heart that hints at a need they never felt. It gives them a taste of that drive that is within them. That drive that wants to change the world, shake the planet, and save people.

Sure, guilt, and the awareness of people's needs can make you support a cause. But neither of those have the effect of unleashing that passion.

I think the only thing that satisfies that passion, hunger, and drive is Christ. I think that is the calling we all have within us.

Everyone wants to make a difference, we just spend most of our time finding out how.

I feel a burden when I talk to my friends and their causes, I know the causes are good, but Christ's call for our lives is much more.

I think of what these people could accomplish if their hearts were ignited for Christ.

If they were living for the King and armed with the knowledge and message that could truly change the world.

Imagine the difference that would make.

I guess that's my call, to show these kids that Christ is calling them.

To show them that passion that Christ gives.

To help that fire grow and make a Kingdom difference.

"Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and he will give you everything you need." -Luke 12:31

2 comments:

Jesse Acosta said...

everyone has a talent and a want. Now those who do not know Christ use this talent or want for things similar to what Christ wants them to do. But if everyone used it for Christ this world would be a different place.

Think of a rapper who curses and talks about bad things in his rap. If he rapped for Jesus wow that would be great and life changing. Without Jesus he is just another rapper.

Think of those who like to help people but dont have Jesus. Usually this want to help comes from an empty feeling or at times a feeling of sorrow. They go head first in helping and are great at it. Now imagine if had Jesus :D

We all need Jesus everyone, because without him we are simply lost and unforgiven. With him we are forgiven and have direction

God bless you Craiger!!!!!

+mb said...

Well put, little cuz