gameday and growth

i just got back home from the longest JV high school football game ive ever seen. I went to see one of the boys at my table from sawgrass, robbie, play against my school. robbie did great, he almost got a pick, and laid a nasty hit on a kickoff. i was impressed at what a ball hawk he is. its great to get the chance to go see some of my boys outside of church, i wish i had more time to see each of them individually.

in case you didnt know, our ministry is growing lately. our FRC sawgrass campus cracked 300 last week (by the way me and my sister were counted as numbers 300 and 301, thought that was cool), and our student ministry had over 40 kids! thats stinkin crazy. i remember starting out and we had more leaders than kids there. im thankful that God has blessed me with the privilege to lead these middle school boys in this growing ministry. its awesome that He's chosen our church to reach these kid's life. i pray that He keeps blessing us, and my group keeps growing. i love hangin out with these kids every week and just talking about school, life, and the Word. it is a difficult time, middle school, real awkward, with all the acne and hormones. i just hope that im getting through to them and am able to provide them with some insight, comfort, or leadership. its all for Him though. thine power and thine glory. but its a blast that he lets me work with these kids. i wouldnt trade it for the world. so keep praying we keep growing and let the good times roll.

1 comments:

chad said...

awesome man... nice blog