College Food



Corn dogs were a staple of my diet at college. I elected not to get the meal plan, and in an effort to save money I bought food every week at Publix, stored it in my mini fridge and microwaved it up. Yum!

Needless to say, my menu options were limited and corn dogs and chicken nuggets get old after a while. Even when I tried to eat healthy, there are only so many turkey sandwiches I can eat.

Don't get the wrong impression, I made it work, and it wasn't horrible. Sometimes I supplemented my diet with some Chili's or Chik-fil-a, but I actually craved vegetables by the end of the semester.

So, its great to be home and enjoying my mom's cooking. I had some barbecue chicken, broccoli, and potatoes for dinner tonight. Sure, it took longer than 30 seconds to cook, and it didn't come on a stick, but it was good.

1 comments:

Garland Robertson said...

No college food this summer!!!