move in

i'm a college man now.

i went up to Florida Gulf Coast University on thursday and moved shannon and sam into their dorms. her place is pretty nice, shes smart so shes in the ritzy honors dorm. it was pouring rain the whole day and sucked to move in in it, but what can you do. once she was all settled in, we went out to dinner, came back to her dorm and watched a movie.

the next day, i got up early said goodbye to shannon and hauled through a tropical storm up to gainesville. i beat my parents here by an hour and a half so for a while i was just chillin in my dorm in wet clothes. but they came soon enough, and i moved in. it only ended up taking about 20 minutes. my room still kind of reminds me of a jail cell, but the more i'm in it, the better it gets.

its hard to leave family and friends, and most of all shannon, but i keep telling myself that i'm going to the best school in florida, and its going to pay off in the future. its tough, but it has to be done. transition always gets easier with time, so i'm still getting settled in. i have to find my classes and get my books, and as soon as i get a routine, i'll be golden.

plus... FGCU is only like three hours away. :)

2 comments:

Eat. Love. Pray. said...

Aw Craiger, welcome the the world of being a college student! My advice? Put up curtains over your windows, it will save you trust me, and posters!!!!! It adds a little flair! GO my little Gator!! Love ya Craiger

Jesse Acosta said...

dude u are missed!!!! put some stuff on those walls.. do they look like the ones from the dorms at camp????